Monday, May 10, 2010

Wow!

The champ is here! It's been amazing over the past week. I don't want to go anywhere. Isaiah John...God is my salvation. God's grace. A little of the Old and a little of the New. He's perfect. Years back, I always wondered what I would be like as a dad. Would I smother him with love?
Kiss on him? Ignore him? But look at him? How could you not love on this man. This king.

He is Him. He brings out the best in me. The best in his brother. The best in us. Only had one frustrating moment: He pooped, I changed his diaper, he peed while I was changing him, it hit the floor but I used another diaper, then he pooped while still on the changing table. But I was covered. Covered by my beautiful, strong wife. The only one I know that can be in labor for 2 hours, co-ordinate everything between contractions, has the grace to forgive me when I stayed in the bed for 10 minutes because I didn't fully believe her calls for help, delivered him in 4 pushes after preventing the delivery across our entire South Jersey trip, as I was driving 90 mph...Wow is my title. I get a better understanding of covering. What a perfect place marriage is. Where you are weak, your love will cover you. Where you are strong, you cover your love. We make a great team but is that because I'm aware of my flaws and her strengths?

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment