 |
| Gordon's at the Garden |
What in the world are you up to? I mean, it's been two years since your last post, and it's not like there were a lot of posts in 2014! Yeah, I know. Kind of like my so-called journal. It's not like I have a blog following, or reason to post. In fact, this might just turn out to be starting essays for future books of the same title. I write when I feel the inspiration, which is why I could not do this for a living. Well, these three little lovelies are the reason I've been gone and why I've returned. I moved from the Fast Track to only God-knows-where, to the lanes of slowing down to savor and flourish. April 11, 2016 to be exact. That was the day I looked up from a low, low spot and said, "There is a better way and I'm going to find it." A better way to be "successful", a better way to be a "young up-and-comer", a better way to "save the world or die trying". So far, it's worked out. I will remember more of those little smiles my kids provide me daily. I will come up with better solutions to problems I've re-conceptualized in my work. I will expand my positive spectrum of light and drown out the darkness of committed-too-much-and now-i'm-tired despair. I'm not afraid to put it out there. I mean, it's been 6 months now so I can be a little more certain it's a "change". Slowing down did require a lot more effort than I expected. Remarkably, what I've found is that the "slow" lane is kinda like the moving walkway at airports: a lot less effort put in but you end up moving at a faster pace than everyone else because you're getting help. More smiles, more love, more energy, more time to embrace my journey and the people that make it all worthwhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment