Isaiah is growing everyday now, and we are all just looking forward to meeting the little guy. We have made it through 72 inches of snow, and I've celebrated my 32nd birthday!
We went to San Diego to celebrate my birthday and even though it was rainy (yes, in southern California) we did manage to have an awesome time and after long days of exciting adventures, my first stop was the hot tub! The boys had a great time, especially flying in the flight simulator.
I guess I'm in the final stages of nesting; cleaning all the baby's gear, signing up for childbirth class, resisting the temptation to buy all the crazy stuff marketed to moms that probably give your kid ADHD instead of making them smart...
I think Akil is also starting to appreciate the reality of a new baby in our life, too. Yesterday he asked me what the bassinet was for. (I'm sure he was thinking: if we have a crib, and a moses basket downstairs, why do we need ANOTHER something for the baby to sleep in?) It was really cute. I can't wait to see him install the car seat for the first time and change his first diaper! I've had my share of moments when I've wondered 'Will I remember how to do this?' I found some triple paste in Avi's cabinet and wondered 'Does this stuff expire?'.
Now that we have all the basics to keep the baby alive and comfortable there's really nothing else to do but wait. I can realistically look forward to the day that my reflux is gone and I can walk a mile without getting a contraction---let alone run. I'm also looking forward to the days to come snuggling up to my little cub smelling his sweet breath, watching him sleep and coo. It's really nice to be without the first time mom anxiety. I can really relax and enjoy every minute of this last month (swollen feet and shortness of breath aside) and dream about how amazing his life will be.
I can't wait for everyone to meet him and I am so glad he's a spring baby so I can take him outside and see the world!
Glenda
No comments:
Post a Comment