I'm still in shock. I keep trying to figure out how I can possibly become a mother of a daughter? The ultrasound was pretty clear, so I can't really stay in denial. Also new, will be the closely spaced kids. I'm pretty sure that Isaiah is going to be amused at first, like "Wow, what a cool new pet!". But I'm also pretty sure that after a few weeks of keeping her around, I'm going to have to make sure not to leave them in the same room alone.
ME: "What happened to your sister? How did she get on the floor?"
ZAY: "Baby rolled over, Mommy!"
ME: incredulous gasp
Now that I'm going to have a daughter, I decided that I want to learn how to sew. I borrowed a sewing machine from my mother in law, and read up on "what is a serger?" My mom is a sewing guru and says "if you can read, you can sew" (which does not bode well if I have problems). Sewing is cool, and functional. I'll be sure to post my first creation (don't hold your breath waiting on that one).
I guess I'll have to remember how to do hair.
And I'm pretty sure I'll have to give up the "No girl's allowed-Except Mommy" onesie. (She's kicking the snot out of me right now. So that's a yes.)
Avi is already planning out all the ways he will rise to her defense if anyone messes with her.
Isaiah is already tormenting her by drumming on her head.
Akil is no longer making crazy faces at my name suggestions.
I am...still kinda in shock. But, it's a good kind of shock. Not like the kind I got when I decided to install a ceiling fan in my first apartment without shutting off the power supply. Not quite as mind numbing as the shock I got when I'm enjoying a perfectly regularly, romantic dinner at the melting pot and Akil starts rambling about how much he loves me, stands up, gets on one knee, and blinds me with a diamond that looks kinda like an--OMG!
...I guess it's somewhere in between those two.
Luckily we live 10 minutes from the hospital. I did try to talk Akil into a home birth, but: 1) I think they're illegal in Georgia 2) He started getting worried I was going to stop shaving my armpits and get all granola crunchy on him 3) We're only renting this spot.
I am hoping that my voucher from "Eve's curse" extends to XX children as well, or at least that it has more to do with the girth of my hips and ridiculous pain tolerance than anything else.
But totally squashed is my strategy for getting 4 kids ("Don't you want to try for a girl?")...I guess I'll have to get #4 with my womanly appeal alone. :)
For now: My little princess. My springtime refreshment.
No comments:
Post a Comment